Target Structure: Second Conditional
Lesson Topic: Zombie Apocalypse
Duration: 1 hour – 1.5 hour
What would you do if there were a zombie apocalypse? Use this fun What-If scenario to introduce the second conditional. In this lesson, your students will see how well they would survive the zombies, fight for tools, and elect a new post-apocalypse leader. This isn’t your ordinary grammar lesson.
- If zombies attacked, I would hide in the attic.
- I would ride a bicycle if I had to escape.
Questions in the second conditional
- How would you protect people if you were elected?
Vocabulary from text
- to stock up
- to run out
- to draw attention
- a gas guzzler
- to outpace
- In the Forest (Warm Up)
- Survivability Quiz (grammar introduction and speaking)
- Expert Survival Advice (reading)
- Vocabulary (matching)
- Fill in the gaps (grammar practice)
- Resourcefulness Test (speaking, grammar practice)
- New World Leader (speaking, grammar practice)
- Extra Activity (writing)