Future – Going To
A Long Weekend
Target Structure: Future – Going to
Duration: 60 – 90 minutes
Everyone loves the weekend, especially if it’s a long one. Let’s use this idea to take a look at how to use going to to make plans for the future. This lesson introduces some common vocabulary, includes a teacher-led listening activity, and has students making plans for what they will do on the coming three-day weekend.
Print the teacher copy before class to prepare the listening activity and to cut out cards for the final activity.
Future with going to
- She is going to go to the cinema tomorrow night.
- We are going to walk the dog in the park tonight.
Questions with going to
- Is Kent going to come to the cinema with us?
- Are you and Jim going to go to the zoo?
- What are you going to do tomorrow?
At/On for time review
- on Sunday morning
- at 6:00
Common weekend activities
- get ready
- go to the cinema
- walk the dog
- wake up
- have a coffee/tea
- ride a bike
- do the laundry
- make a cake
- Warm up (speaking)
- Weekend Activities (listening + vocabulary)
- Going To (practice)
- What are you going to do? (practice)
- Three-day weekend (speaking)
- Speed Meeting (extra activity)