How Much / How Many
Doing the Shopping
Target Structure: How much / How many
Duration: 60 – 90 minutes
Continue the conversation about countable and uncountable nouns by introducing your students to the question words, How Much and How Many. In this lesson, your students practice talking about quantities and prices while haggling in a supermarket.
How Much and How Many
- How many apples would you like?
- How much milk is there?
‘How much’ to ask for prices
- How much is the pumpkin?
- How much is the milk?
- How much are the eggs?
Talking about price
- The mushrooms are one euro and thirty five cents per kilogram.
- The milk is three pounds per liter.
- Brainstorming food (countable and uncountable noun review)
- Fill in the gaps (grammar practice)
- Reading (dialogue)
- Reading comprehension
- Asking and giving prices (grammar practice)
- Find the price (speaking practice)
- Role Play (speaking and presenting practice)